PDG reCook on parm change

2157   3   1
97 posts
So i just got into PDG and one thing stuck in my head is, Can you recook a HDA processor when a wedge attribute value changes? without making it dirty and recooking manually. If so how? do i need to use a python node? relook through file?
Staff
586 posts
You should just be able to cook it using the shift+g hotkey, or RMB -> Cook Node. Note that you'll need to change the Cache Mode parm to Write Files, otherwise the work items will be instantly marked as cooked because their output files are exist on disk.
97 posts
tpetrick
You should just be able to cook it using the shift+g hotkey, or RMB -> Cook Node. Note that you'll need to change the Cache Mode parm to Write Files, otherwise the work items will be instantly marked as cooked because their output files are exist on disk.

I mean like when a attribute in wedge is changed it automatically recooks without me going in and tell it to make dirty and reCook.
Looking through PDG tuts and the Documentations my guess this is only through a python and calling the TOPs node and tell the graph to reCook?
Edited by Shadowjonny - Aug. 19, 2020 21:03:09
691 posts
Shadowjonny
tpetrick

I mean like when a attribute in wedge is changed it automatically recooks without me going in and tell it to make dirty and reCook.
Looking through PDG tuts and the Documentations my guess this is only through a python and calling the TOPs node and tell the graph to reCook?

This will be very nice to have; The best example is how PDG is running on Unity and now UE4, the cooking is dynamic which is nice, or I'm wrong? Anyway, an option to let PDG dirty and cook live will be awesome, I tried something like this with the TOP Geometry, but sometimes the Houdini session hangs.
Feel The Knowledge, Kiss The Goat!!!
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alejandroecheverry [linkedin.com]
http://vimeo.com/lordpazuzu/videos [vimeo.com]
  • Quick Links