cannot select points in left view on split panel scene view

2688   2   0
320 posts
I have my scene view split side by side. I cannot select points in left side view but I can select edges and polys it also does not matter which view I am in (persp, top, side, front). I can select points in right side view.

using H18.5.351
using two monitors. If I change layout to default then I can select points in split view.
2536 posts
I believe that is correct. if you use CTRL-2 to split a single view, the two sides of the screen will share selection sets, however, if you actually “split” the screen each screen can contain its own selection, because each panel is considered occupying its own context.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
320 posts
Enivob
I believe that is correct. if you use CTRL-2 to split a single view, the two sides of the screen will share selection sets, however, if you actually “split” the screen each screen can contain its own selection, because each panel is considered occupying its own context.

that is what is perplexing. I had right screen front view, left as perspective. I can select edges and polys in left view and in front view but not points. I sent help an email and they said to delete/rename my Houdini.env file, I did that and now it works.
  • Quick Links