Cintique pen doesn't right click with Houdini 18

3154   3   1
3 posts
Hi Houdini,

I've had no problems with my cintique pen using Houdini 17.5.
But the new version 18 don't let me Zoom with Alt+right click anymore. I've set my Wacom pen to the same settings as in 17.5.
When i do the Alt+ right click I see in 18 a circle comming up and no zoom sign.

Why is the right click button on my wacom pen for cintique not workging with Houdini 18?
Does anybody have the same issue?
Anybody got a sollution for this?

Please help.
Many thanks,
Dana

Attachments:
2020-02-13_11-10-23.jpg (1.2 MB)
pen cursor.JPG (84.7 KB)

181 posts
Maybe Windows has commandeered the button for pen and touch input, though if that were the case, all applications would likely exhibit that behavior, too. Or maybe your Wacom control panel has mapped right-clicking to a different function for Houdini 18. Those settings can be customized per application, and don't always recognize upgraded installations.

Make sure that your Houdini preferences still specify that “Use Alt Key for View Controls” is enabled. You should also be able to use the spacebar instead.
3 posts
Thanks for the reply!

I came across the same problem by somebody who posted it here as well.

The solution:
Windows INK is activated.
For those who have this problem too: Go to you Wacom Tablet Properties > Grip pen > Calibrate > Use Windows INK > uncheck.
This was no problem by Houdini 17.5 or other programs.

If you see a circle when clicking with pen > windows INK is ON.

@Cyzor
I've set specific applications in the Wacom Tablet Properties set for the wacom pen and EK remote.
Not every application was exhibit that behavior.
and the “USE ALT KEY for view controls” is always activated here.

Thank you for your help!
Dana
10 posts
I am dealing with this problem right now. It has been suggested to use the Wacom Tablet Properties window to uncheck the “use Windows ink” button to fix this problem. This works for general navigation purposes BUT it turns OFF the stroke_pressure data coming from the pen. stroke_pressure attribute will just show up as 1 in the geometry spreadsheet. I can't find a way to shut off Windows Ink stuff totally without using the Wacom “Use Windows Ink” uncheck button. But then I dont have stroke_pressure information. Catch 22!! Has Anyone found a solution to this problem? thx -tom
  • Quick Links