Bridge distorts after changing the curve in engine

1345   2   2
4 posts
Hey. So I'm having some trouble when trying to use my Bridge HDA in engine. I import the HDA and the mesh appears as it is in Houdini. I can even change it with curve variables(writing in the numbers) but when i use the handles it breaks completely.
I'd love to get some help fixing this or an explaination if anyone has time. Also the curve doesn't appear correctly in engine. I have no idea why.
Here's a few pictures.
Picture 1 is right after import while number two is after touching the handles.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (278.3 KB)
Capture2.PNG (170.2 KB)
oa_bridge_gen.hdalc (49.6 KB)

Cheers!
//Karl
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

I had a quick look at your HDA, and likely found the issue:
when using the unreal plugin, curves have added rotation/scale values per curve points, which may cause unwanted problems in some HDAs.

To fix the issue:
- Add an Attribute delete node node after your editable curve sop, deleting the rot/scale attribute.

You can easily troubleshoot this kind of issue by using session sync, which would let you inspect the hda while its being used in unreal.

Other potential issue could be the fact that you exposed the curve's coordinate parameter.
This may clash with the editable curves, since this gives two different ways to modify the curve sop.

Attachments:
editcurvebug.PNG (617.4 KB)

4 posts
dpernuit
Hi,

I had a quick look at your HDA, and likely found the issue:
when using the unreal plugin, curves have added rotation/scale values per curve points, which may cause unwanted problems in some HDAs.

To fix the issue:
- Add an Attribute delete node node after your editable curve sop, deleting the rot/scale attribute.

You can easily troubleshoot this kind of issue by using session sync, which would let you inspect the hda while its being used in unreal.

Other potential issue could be the fact that you exposed the curve's coordinate parameter.
This may clash with the editable curves, since this gives two different ways to modify the curve sop.

This worked perfectly. Had to do some changes with the booleans but it works really well now. Thanks a lot!
Cheers!
//Karl
  • Quick Links