Smoke Cannot be seen in Simulation!?

1566   2   1
14 posts
Hi all,
I created a RBD simulation and the wanted to add smoke in there,
so i created a debris source and created debris using pop nodes the i wanted to emit smoke from those debris particles so i added smoke creating dop network and using some nodes but unfortunately the smoke can't be seen and i don't know what is the problem. I'll also be adding my hip file for detailed info
Image Not Found

Can anyone help me out with this?
Edited by fiction_fxartist - Sept. 12, 2019 12:19:34

Attachments:
des_debris_v2_2.hipnc (1.1 MB)

310 posts
I took a quick look at your scene. Honestly, everything was too slow to work with. Simplify it and see if the issues still persist. If you re-post a simplified scene, Ill check it out again.
237 posts
@Midasilver: saw the date of the thread? Hm, anyway. Always interesting to find mistakes.

Are you struggling with the injection of the debris part cause its not part of the tut (cgsociety by Steve Knipping, here: Applied Houdini Rigids II) ;-)?

One way would be to build at first a debris sim in small and afterward adpapt it in the "big" destruction file...

First of all would be good to toggle display/geometry/wire over packed to on (better to work with packed fragments.)
For performance issues (dont had one in this file) just decreasing the scatter amount of the parts to be fragmented and going futher. Next would be in concentrating on on block, so deactivate the copy sops. After this going into the simulation should be possible on an normal pc as well.

You original problem in not seeing smoke is thanks to the reason you put the pop output into the source volume in the smokesim.
The smokesource (source volume) is awaiting vectorized input as its build in your pyrosource. Also a volume rasterize sop (beause of me first a volume from attrib)will work but with the volume rasterize sop you have to know wich vectorfields should be generated for the smokesolver.
Adjust your popsolver try to coordinate pop and smoke with each other.

Cheers, happy christmas and healthyness
Edited by Follyx - Dec. 19, 2020 07:10:37

Attachments:
__des_debris.hipnc (1.5 MB)

• Quick Links