Houdini Niagara version 2 errors

5869   5   2
83 posts
I am attempting to install Houdini Niagara version 2 through the methods shown on the site. I installed the “Houdini Niagara Plugin - UE4.25.3” release on GitHub and replaced my old HoudiniNiagara folder in Engine\Plugins\FX with the one from GitHub as the video shows. I then choose to load that v2 plugin in UE (4.25.3), however I get the following error.

The following modules are missing or built from a different engine version:
HoudiniNiagara
HoudiniNiagaraEditor
Engine modules cannot be compiled at runtime. Please build through your IDE.

They should work since I am running 4.25.3, right? Is there any issue that could be causing this?
Thank you in advance.
27 posts
Were you able to get this working? I have UE 4.25.4 and the Houdini Niagara 4.25.3 plugin installed and didn't have any problems.
3 posts
I am having the same issue with 4.26
27 posts
The latest Houdini Niagara Plugin release isn't compiled for 4.26 so it won't work with 4.26.
30 posts
Tyler Britton2
I am attempting to install Houdini Niagara version 2 through the methods shown on the site. I installed the "Houdini Niagara Plugin - UE4.25.3" release on GitHub and replaced my old HoudiniNiagara folder in Engine\Plugins\FX with the one from GitHub as the video shows. I then choose to load that v2 plugin in UE (4.25.3), however I get the following error.

HoudiniNiagara
HoudiniNiagaraEditor

They should work since I am running 4.25.3, right? Is there any issue that could be causing this?
Thank you in advance.
same problem here - do you have any update on this?
30 posts
Neonzone
Tyler Britton2
I am attempting to install Houdini Niagara version 2 through the methods shown on the site. I installed the "Houdini Niagara Plugin - UE4.25.3" release on GitHub and replaced my old HoudiniNiagara folder in Engine\Plugins\FX with the one from GitHub as the video shows. I then choose to load that v2 plugin in UE (4.25.3), however I get the following error.

HoudiniNiagara
HoudiniNiagaraEditor

Thank you in advance.
same problem here - do you have any update on this?

here is the fix: replace the plugin as described in the github repo with the already existing houdininiagara folder.
then launch a new unreal project with c++
create a new blank c++ file in your content folder (or somewhere in you project directory - with the unreal engine)

-> now the code gets compiled

activate the plugin

restart unreal

-> working

at least on my machine
also working with mac
  • Quick Links