Infinite Ocean effect strange behavior

843   1   0
1 posts
Hello,

so this is my first post here and I am trying to create the infinite Ocean effect with help of this instruction: https://med3017m-1819-14565893level3digital.coursework.lincoln.ac.uk/2018/10/31/learning-to-create-an-ocean-scene-prep-materials-and-rendering/ [med3017m-1819-14565893level3digital.coursework.lincoln.ac.uk]

I don't know if this Link will work for other poeple. But to come to the point, I have made every step there but at the end, when I click on sphere and then on rbd object (as a collider) to test the collisions with the infinite ocean, it doesn't work. The sphere is just going through the ocean mesh...

When I dive into the fluid_extended node then there is a blue box where my flip tank simulation is integrated (Screenshot 1). I had run a flipbook to prove that the collision is working and it works well... but when I try to run a flipbook at the created infinite ocean, then the collision isn't working . I don't know why...

There is a hip file. if someone could take a look and say what I've made wrong I would really appreciate the help

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
Ocean Infinite_3.hipnc (3.5 MB)

86 posts
Checked your scene. I first decreased the velocity on the sphere to 0 instead of -10.

The main thing is you need to go to your flipsolver1 and in the Volume Motion, under Solver tab, you need to put Feedback Scale to 1. It again is not enough so you need to decrease your density to something like 10 inside your sphere_object2.

It worked on my scene this way.
  • Quick Links