Use Chops

1008   0   0
339 posts
Hi

I'm dealing with animation curves from capture that need clean up and the "Bake Keyframes of Selected Segments" script is not wholly fit for the task because the refitting will respect changes in slope, therefore noisy spikes will remain. And given there is no "Smooth" script in the Animation Editor, one is lead to CHOPs to have access to more clean up tools, like the Filter CHOP.

Now, I'm not sure what is the most slick way of transferring the result back to the animation editor:

- Right click on the last CHOP > Save > Edit Data Channels.
This will refit the CHOP key reduced animation curve and freeze the chop.
Issue is that there's no control over the refitting reduction and it can be aggressive at times. More over I will still have to copy/save paste/load each curve on the appropriate target.

- Set a Bake Animation ROP with "Animation from Parameters" and "Write to Channel CHOP when Following CHOP Exports". Bake and then in Animation Editor and run "Bake Keyframes of Selected Segments" on the new curves with Refitting to reduce the the number of keys with some control over it.

What I would like is to have is a more parametric, centralized or 1-click way to smooth and reduce keys on an animation curve, with less extra nulls and manual steps.

Any method I'm missing?
Cheers
Edited by probiner - June 23, 2021 00:32:25

Attachments:
PRB_CleanUp_AnimationCurves.hiplc (1.2 MB)

• Quick Links