Copy Object on RBD Sim

1355   2   1
42 posts
Hello everyone,

I want to copy an object onto the result of a RBD Sim. Before the Simulation I randomized the rotation and the piece count of the Object with a Copy to Points SOP. Can I somehow add the transformation data of this with the RBD transformation data so I can use a copytopoints after the RBD with the single object and it looks identical to the RBD outcome.

Clearification Imaage and Example Scene provided below
Edited by Lucca - Aug. 6, 2021 04:50:46

Attachments:
copyonrbd.hipnc (668.9 KB)
forum upload.jpg (385.7 KB)

731 posts
You have the name attribute, so the Transform Pieces SOP will just work, (file provided).

However, the RBD Bullet Solver does this for you... you just plug the low-rez geo in the third input and the hi-rez in the first.
Edited by mrCatfish - Aug. 6, 2021 10:58:58

Attachments:
copyonrbd.tp.hipnc (673.4 KB)

Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
42 posts
mrCatfish
You have the name attribute, so the Transform Pieces SOP will just work, (file provided).

However, the RBD Bullet Solver does this for you... you just plug the low-rez geo in the third input and the hi-rez in the first.

Thanks for the help.

Is it possible to pull it off with the node structure I had aswell (so the copy to points after the RBD sim). Because what I want to achieve is that, I simulate the RBD in a scene and export 1 Frame of the packed prims from the sim to a bgeo. And then in a different scene/asset I want to load that bgeo with the packed primitives and copy my single box onto those points. That way a can still adjust the "single box" within my asset. For example I could assign and change my materials there easily.

Grettings Lucca.
Edited by Lucca - Aug. 9, 2021 06:23:29
  • Quick Links