Is it possible to disable an individual DOP network

1131   1   1
11 posts
I have a scene I am working on that has multiple DOP networks at the root of the /obj context. Is it possible to disable these DOP's on an individual basis? The sims are pretty heavy and it is a hassle if I have to change a setting on one of the sims and it forces a reset on all of them. It would speed things up if I could disable the other DOP networks so that the sim would only run on the one I am working on.
AlphaJoe
8555 posts
the dopnet would only run if you are cooking something that depends on it or if it's displayed which is never a good idea
by having floating dopnets at object level and a lots of other objects potentially pulling data from them it may get very difficult to know what is actually going on in the scene unless you are very organized and potentially also have dependency links on

so instead my preferred workflow is to always use SOP level dopnets, which not only allows for more readible setups in terms of inputs and outputs, but also it makes it much cleaner what flows out of the network and you can also cache it immediately to avoid other nodes to depend on live sim
or also for individual effects its pretty convenient to use SOP wrappers for entire solvers like (Bullet, Vellum, Pyro Solver SOPs) for additional ease of use with some the same benefits of dopnet connected directly within the sop stream
Edited by tamte - Aug. 27, 2021 23:58:47
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links