Vornoi surface deformation hiding

1578   3   1
67 posts
Does anyone know how to handle hiding prefractured geo? I have a bridge collapsing and the road I was able to hide with active/inactive attribute being applied to a delete node but these metal rails just won't work with that. As you see it's really clean topology before voronoi and then it just looks messd up after that. Any ideas? Thank you.
Edited by Nikodim Fomich - Aug. 10, 2021 00:18:08

Attachments:
2021-08-09 21_13_39-F__Bridge_Destruction_Bridge_Destruction6.hiplc - Houdini Indie Limited-Commerci.png (1.4 MB)
2021-08-09 21_10_37-F__Bridge_Destruction_Bridge_Destruction6.hiplc - Houdini Indie Limited-Commerci.png (1.1 MB)
2021-08-09 21_15_04-F__Bridge_Destruction_Bridge_Destruction6.hiplc - Houdini Indie Limited-Commerci.png (952.5 KB)

86 posts
Your geo looks ok but maybe there are hidden problems like some points not being connected to each other. So firstly try to put a fuse SOP before fracturing.

If that doesn't work, make sure your normals are working correctly, put a normal SOP after the fuse, maybe after that place a clean SOP to fix further issues.

If these do not work, maybe you can share the geometry or the hip file so I can take a look.
67 posts
Berk_Erdag
Your geo looks ok but maybe there are hidden problems like some points not being connected to each other. So firstly try to put a fuse SOP before fracturing.

If that doesn't work, make sure your normals are working correctly, put a normal SOP after the fuse, maybe after that place a clean SOP to fix further issues.

If these do not work, maybe you can share the geometry or the hip file so I can take a look.

Thank you for your advice. So you would try this cleanup BEFORE fracturing? Because I did those in the beginning while prepping for RBD and cleaning up a model. But after the sim it looks like certain polygons have double faces on top of each others but it's strange. It's as if that happens only once mesh is fractured.
86 posts
Yes, try to clean before fracturing. I am more confident about using fuse instead of clean, did you try that? If the mesh is made of different parts that intersect each other, using a Boolean Union (plug the output of the mesh to both inputs of the boolean and before fracturing) might help you.

Those kind of weird looking, double face kind of issues often means that there is a problem with the mesh.

Again, if possible attach the model so that I can look at it, there must be something we both are missing.
Edited by Berk_Erdag - Aug. 29, 2021 04:10:49
  • Quick Links