Using Renderman in Houdini

5939   4   1
2 posts
Having searched several forums for advice and examined both Pixar and Sidefx manuals on the instillation of prman and the renderman Artist tools,

I was wondering if there was a simple written tutorial on connecting and using Houdini and Renderman seamlessly.

My own experience shows that once the environmental variables and the correct paths are set, issues can still arise in houdini consol, and so I was hoping there was help somewhere on this process.
6 posts
isn't it the time that someone come up with a little step by step tutorial on this subjectj. because this becomes to be the “holy grail” of houdini.
1631 posts
Grace
Having searched several forums for advice and examined both Pixar and Sidefx manuals on the instillation of prman and the renderman Artist tools,

I was wondering if there was a simple written tutorial on connecting and using Houdini and Renderman seamlessly.

My own experience shows that once the environmental variables and the correct paths are set, issues can still arise in houdini consol, and so I was hoping there was help somewhere on this process.
If you're using Apprentice, it is not possible to output to Renderman as that is disabled. If you're not using Apprentice & you can render a rib through command line, Renderman is set up properly & Houdini will be able to use it.

As for the console messages, most of the time they are just warnings which you can post here if it's Houdini related.

Cheers!
steven
387 posts
There's also some hints here:

http://odforce.net/wiki/index.php/PrManSetup [odforce.net]
''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
53 posts
Maybe this will be useful

Regards,

Philip

Attachments:
plim_HoudiniRMAN_Tut_v1.3.zip (135.3 KB)

• Quick Links