Issue with "Curve Advect" tool/not working

1976   3   0
4 posts
Hi everyone

I was hoping someone would be able to help me.

I was practising groom for the first time following a tutorial, I have the exact same nod network, and no issues on my nods, but every time I try to use the curve advect tool I'm encountering an error message call 'cmp' is an invalid keyword argument for sort()

I've attached two screenshots of this issue. When I tried looking up this problem on my own, it seemed like a python problem, but I am not sure. I know very little about coding and also new to Houdini.

thank you very much for you help

Attachments:
Screenshot (1327).png (1.1 MB)

6 posts
I've walked through the tutorial on the same version of Houdini you're using and can't replicate the problem, unfortunately.
Have you tried upgrading to the latest Houdini version and trying? You can also submit a bug report about the issue.
4 posts
doglesby
I've walked through the tutorial on the same version of Houdini you're using and can't replicate the problem, unfortunately.
Have you tried upgrading to the latest Houdini version and trying? You can also submit a bug report about the issue.

Hi, thank you for answering.

Yes, I have tried using Houdini 19,curve advect worked, but the other groom tools seem to be taken out of Houdini's latest version.

When I tried doing this same process in one of the university computers I keep getting the same error message woth Houdini 18.5.
I tried different tutorials, using a proper groom set up and I still get the same curve advect issue.
Edited by LaylaLDP - March 14, 2022 10:49:54
6 posts
LaylaLDP
Yes, I have tried using Houdini 19,curve advect worked, but the other groom tools seem to be taken out of Houdini's latest version.

Grooming was updated quite a bit in Houdini 19, so it's going to work differently from the tutorial. https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/news/19/groom.html [www.sidefx.com]
"Completely redesigned grooming toolset with many new tools, and interactive brushes."

Also see: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/fur/groom.html [www.sidefx.com]

LaylaLDP
When I tried doing this same process in one of the university computers I keep getting the same error message woth Houdini 18.5.

I would submit a bug ticket then, because it doesn't seem to be an issue with how you're using Houdini.
Edited by doglesby - March 15, 2022 16:19:00
  • Quick Links