How to "switch after collision happens"?

903   2   0
447 posts
I'm trying to make something like:

- 2 Cubes flying toward each other.
- When they collide, one of them turns into liquid.

I know how to make liquid out of a cube, and how to check if two mesh intersects. But I don't know how to switch to the liquid version only after the collision happens. If I only check the intersections between the two original cubes, they will switch to liquid and switch back.

The frame when a collision happens is not fixed: I'd like to allow the animator to change the cube's animation.
731 posts
Plug the geo into a solver sop, then add a point vop with the first two subnets wired up into inputs zero and one. Grab the attribute using an "import point attribute" from the first input and do the same for the second input. Pipe into a max and bind export this attribute. Now it won't go back.
Edited by mrCatfish - March 28, 2022 10:54:28
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
447 posts
mrCatfish
Plug the geo into a solver sop, then add a point vop with the first two subnets wired up into inputs zero and one. Grab the attribute using an "import point attribute" from the first input and do the same for the second input. Pipe into a max and bind export this attribute. Now it won't go back.

Oh brilliant. I didn't know one can pass information from one frame to the next like this. Thank you very much.
  • Quick Links