RMan display with 3delight

7382   4   1
7 posts
I' ve a 3delight licensed and works fine as a standlone or with Maya. In Houdini I can render fine but I can display the renderman's shaders.

So I try to correct the sahders problems and I install the two renderman protoinstall (I don't remember the names exactly… RMANdisplay and fur…). And now I cannot render (and the shaders problem persists) and Houdini display this when I try to render:

3DL ERROR P1111: : invalid parameter for attribute ‘dice’: ‘stitch’
3DL ERROR P1107: : user parameter ‘volumeinterpretation’ has an unknown type
3DL ERROR D2003: cannot open display driver ‘DDOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/MYDOCU~1/houdini8.2/ri_shaders/d_houdini.dll’ (system error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

More info: this message is from windows XP 64. I've compiled the shaders of houdini/ri-shaders. I think it is a environment problem.
7733 posts
To the fix the render problem, I think you need to fix your rendermn.ini, remove the lines dealing with houdini.
7 posts
I remove the lines dealing with houdini but it doesn't work.
176 posts
subdivx
3DL ERROR P1107: : user parameter ‘volumeinterpretation’ has an unknown type
Heh, looks like 3delight also doesn't like that deepshadow declaration syntax in a RIB http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=6823 [sidefx.com]
7 posts
Thanks mlesin for the DeepShadow post. I will prove.

On the other hand, what I can do for preview renderman shaders?

WindowsXP64 with AIR

I've installed the evaluation version of AIR renderman in windows x64 and the problem persists, I cannot display air materials and appears this text (and the image added):

EVALUATION COPY
WARNING: “stdin” (3) Invalid token: Unknown attribute token: binary
ABORT: “stdin” (27) Can't open display: Driver not found: houdini, image file socket:1540

The “EVALUATION COPY” it appears always when I execute “air.exe”. This is normal because I don't have a license for AIR. But the rest of the message it is similar to 3delight.

The AIR renders fine without problems with Houdini but display this message:

EVALUATION COPY
WARNING: “stdin” (7) Invalid token: Unknown attribute token: binary

In Fedora 4 x64 with 3delight:

I've installed: RManDisplay.inst and RiHNoise.inst and
When I render this message appears:

3DL ERROR P1111: : invalid parameter for attribute ‘dice’: ‘stitch’

But renders the scene well. My problem is that Houdini cannot display 3delight renderman shading and this message appears in the konsole (and the window image attached too):

sh: line 0: exec: render: not found

Attachments:
message.jpg (12.4 KB)

• Quick Links