MultiLayer EXR output using USD Render ROP

3555   4   2
5 posts
Is it possible to output Multilayer EXR files using the USD Render ROP?

The only parameter related to EXR exposed is in the RenderProduct LOP node under the Meta Data tab:

EXR Compression

By comparison, when using redshift3d engine - in their Redshift ROP there are these parameters exposed under the Output->Common tab:

Bits per channel: 16/32
EXR Compression: none/rle/zip/zips/plz/pxr24/b44/dwaa/dwab
Storage Format: Scanline/Tiled
Multi-Layered EXR: No MultiLayered/Full MultiLayered/Per AOV MultiLayered
Autocrop: on/off
Multipart EXR: on/off

Could these other exr output options be made available? We are especially interested to be able to output multilayer rather than multipart EXR (which is what we are seeing currently with additional AOVs)

Thanks!
240 posts
Following up on this in case others need to know... There is an undocumented flag you can pass to husk to set the type of exr output:
—exrmode 0 # multilayer output
—exrmode 1 # multipart output
Edited by Tim Crowson - Feb. 5, 2021 15:16:26
- Tim Crowson
Technical/CG Supervisor
1 posts
Tim Crowson
Following up on this in case others need to know... There is an undocumented flag you can pass to husk to set the type of exr output:
—exrmode 0 # multilayer output
—exrmode 1 # multipart output

hello, sorry I am a beginner trying to render with Karma so I dont know exactly how can I do this, could you tell me where should I start?
thank you!
32 posts
stevesloan

The only parameter related to EXR exposed is in the RenderProduct LOP node under the Meta Data tab:

EXR Compression

By comparison, when using redshift3d engine - in their Redshift ROP there are these parameters exposed under the Output->Common tab:

Could these other exr output options be made available? We are especially interested to be able to output multilayer rather than multipart EXR (which is what we are seeing currently with additional AOVs)

Thanks!

Did you ever figure out how to do any of the other settings in Solaris?
7803 posts
gnisbet
stevesloan

EXR Compression

Thanks!

Did you ever figure out how to do any of the other settings in Solaris?

bit depth and compression are on the karma render settings node or on render vars nodes for custom render var setups. This was recently added to control compression per layer:

Add per-AOV compression setting support to husk. Husk now looksfor driver:parameters:aov:compression (ordriver:parameters:aov:OpenEXR:compression) on Render Vars and usesthat to specify the compression type for that AOV. This enablesdifferent compresson types for different AOVs (for example, savingshader position, you may want to use a lossless compression mode).

Mon. March 21, 2022

I'm not sure if husk supports autocrop yet, but you could try adding --autocrop to the husk command.
  • Quick Links