Unable to setup for each loop to create varients in LOPS

2158   7   2
88 posts
Hello I`m trying to replicate this setup but everything i try fails.

(im just trying using it to set a single pass value on a for each loop.)
with a for loop and variants.

https://youtu.be/EgTqz6y_oAs?t=1912 [youtu.be]

Could someone be amazing and provide me a working setup as an example ?
Edited by TangheStudent - July 27, 2022 15:21:41

Attachments:
gethelp.zip (2.8 MB)

Staff
4435 posts
The variant creation in that hip file seems to work fine. It's the instancer where things are going wrong... So what is it that you want a working setup of? I'm not really clea ron what the instancer is even attempting to do...
88 posts
Oh, OK! I thought the scene graph would show all the variant's geo at the same time, as well as visually list all the variants in the Variants field.

i c now that if u right click it you can select the varient.

I haven’t really tried researching what to do for the next part of the setup, but the plan is to create a collection with all the geo variants in them. (also add 2 different material variants)

And then have them randomly assigned to the points in the instancer.
Edited by TangheStudent - July 28, 2022 08:13:03
3 posts
姆塔克
The variant creation in that hip file seems to work fine. It's the instancer where things are going wrong... So what is it that you want a working setup of? I'm not really clea ron what the instancer is even attempting to do...

In the question of Houdini19.5, why did the material lose, and what did I miss?

Attachments:
houdiniwenti.png (935.0 KB)

88 posts
I have it somewhat working now with the variant setup,
The geometry however does not seem to load geometry

@MASee did you set the material Path in the componentMataterialnode ?
https://media.sidefx.com/djangobb_forum/attachments/26_houdini-indie-and-apprentice/85646_unable-to-setup-for-each-loop-to-create-varients-in-lops/houdini_Hk6AAxI2c8_20220802204204115678.png [media.sidefx.com]

Edit i have it somewhat working in some cases by unticking copy only specified prototype primitives.

it copies a plank space on some points now, though.
Can`t seem to figure out why.
Edited by TangheStudent - Aug. 3, 2022 11:32:22

Attachments:
test_2.hipnc (4.1 MB)
houdini_Hk6AAxI2c8.png (84.4 KB)
houdini_3JMUbBTdgS.png (358.3 KB)

88 posts
In Unreal ASSET_model_varient_0 type none also appears in the tree below prototypes, so seems like that might be causing the empty instances.

EDIT:

%variant(variantSet = model) %type:Mesh fixed the problem
Edited by TangheStudent - Sept. 1, 2022 18:16:52
2 posts
If I can send you my setup, use to automate the USD creation of the Megascans and Textures.com libs:
Everything is based on the particularity of the “component geometry variant” (named node_variant later).

Inside node_variant, if we dissect it, we can see a "foreach_end" without "foreach_begin", which has the consequence of "propagating" the local variables beyond the node_variant (@ITERATION, @NUMITERATIONS, @GEOVARIANTINDEX which are the 3 variables created by the "foreach").

Therefore, in the "componentgeometry" node, on the "file" node it is possible to use the @GEOVARIANTINDEX to have the iteration of the variant:

In my "file" node I created an "iter" parm which allows me to have better control.
From file node, the "file" parm :
.../3D_Objects/stone_pebble_xs_scatter/Single_Material_Version/stone_pebble_xs_`fpadzero(3,0,ch("iter"))`_LOD4.obj
`fpadzero(3,0,ch("iter"))` > convert "1" to"001" (not paying attention)

And in the end, we see that we have the different variants, without having to do several "foreach", only thanks to the node_variant :

Hope this helps someone
190 posts
THX this seems like realy useful info.

I don't really understand the use of the dual for each loops (green and yellow)
If you could add the hip file that would be really usefull.
  • Quick Links