backplate texture unable to load when using render to.

2862   5   3
88 posts
Textures used in backgroundplate unable to load when rendering with render to disk or render in background.
Working without problems in vieuwportrender.

you can find my project files here.
https://studenthowest-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/nicolaas_tanghe_student_howest_be/EoYNvZUsdUFHi8-qJd3Fu8sBPsKKobJ4mAOeHBsrLSJe1A?e=XDTJs9

Annyione know if this is becouse something in houdini is blocking the file being opened in another process or if its windows being diffuicult 4 no reason.

I`m on windows.

I get thrown error

```
<b style='color: red;'>Displacement shader _sg_d_B3B35AAA76E2838 doesn't modify P (disabling)</b>
<b style='color: red;'>Unable to load texture 'v:\colmar_parking\tanghenicolaas_colma\prerender\2KDCI_ACES_UNDIST\2k_DCI_p3_2track_undistort_90000.exr'</b>
```

vieuwport working as you can c below

I was probably rendering the wrong framerange.
Edited by TangheStudent - Aug. 7, 2022 11:50:24

Attachments:
houdini_aQwvysOEjc.png (1.4 MB)

88 posts
I'm having this problem again in 19.5.
On both windoows and linux.
with a different project.
I also tested with rat files and those also did not work

they throw the following error

[23:11:35] Unable to load texture '../../../../media/data/CGI/year3/comp/kortrijk_alps/shots/alps_a003_c006/graded/distorted/shot_06_ACES_v01_undistort_Fused.0001.rat'

I also tried with PNG this did not work.

It occurred to me this might happen because the viewport render has in some way locked the file from being accessed, but the tab is collapsed, and I’ve read this stops Karma.

I set up with outputs because if I connect the second input only the shadow AOV`s work.

I really need this to function, Any help is appreciated.

the new setup is like this
Edited by TangheStudent - Aug. 1, 2022 17:46:39

Attachments:
Screenshot from 2022-08-01 23-44-22.png (292.5 KB)

88 posts
the problem has been automagically resolved
129 posts
I am here to add that backplate LOP adds the backplate correctly to Karma viewport render but it is invisible in disk/ MPlay renders.

kinda a bummer since I sometimes like to do small quick jpeg animation renders in Mantra and wish it was there in Karma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4NQi8wpYUbR9wLolfHrZVA [www.youtube.com]
Staff
360 posts
The Background Plate LOP is designed to only show the plate in the viewport for interactive feedback, while omitting it from the final renders. It outputs the necessary AOVs to help with integrating your 3D renders in compositing. If the background was included in the final beauty render, it'd make it impossible to tweak the output in comp.
You'll find a bash-comp like setup if you use "Sample Compositing Network" from the Quick Setups menu which should get you the results you're looking for once you've rendered to disk.

If you do however want the background plate to show up in your final beauty, add a "Render Settings" node and connect it to the first output of the Background Plate LOP, set the Action to "Edit", then from the Initialize Parameters menu, select "Set All Parameters To Do Nothing". Go to the Karma tab, navigate down to the "Image" folder and set the Use Background to "On".

Attachments:
tempimg.jpg (258.5 KB)

8 posts
I'm getting this error
Displacement shader _sg_d_B3B35AAA76E2838 doesn't modify P (disabling)
and I honestly cant figure it out were it came from, I don't have the bgplate, just a dome light with an hdri attach to it, using Karma xpu on h19.5 latest prod build and just one of my geometrys has an displacement attacht to it, what should I look for to avoid this message?
  • Quick Links