Popnet points animation

1220   1   1
2 posts
First of all, i'm not really good at houdini, but i just can't get my head around one thing and get it to work the way i want. So, for some reason popnet node (with popvop turb noise) doesn't work when i try and move it from the origin. I'm attaching a video for a showcase
https://youtu.be/-NnRkzqXKu0 [youtu.be]
I'm using a wrangle node with expression @v = @P, but it clearly doesn't work when i move my geo. So instead I've tried using other expression @v = @N and it gives me that radial velocity but popvop turb noise doesn't work and i can't get that nice effect i got at the very beginning.
I know I can just animate the thing afterwards but I want particles to actually move and react to the movement of a sphere and not just stay still like a solid geometry. PLEASE HELP
10 posts
the issue here is you're using the transform node before the wrangle node. when you say @v=@P that means the velocity of the object is the same as the position of every point, so when you move the point(object), the velocity value moves to cause Houdini calculates the position of every point from the world origin. try to set the wrangle node at the top of your node tree and make sure other nodes don't messy with the velocity values. that way it should work.
Ismayel alam
  • Quick Links