Rendering Karma Sequence in Solaris - Indie Steam Edition

1104   2   1
11 posts
Hi,

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to get into Solaris and Karma.
I've set up a test project where I've been trying out the different features and it all feels great!
However when I finally tried to render my first sequence I get the following message:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 502570
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: ########## API loaded no

The weird thing is, it renders the first frame of the sequence to disk and then the Houdini console pops up and the rendering process is halted.
While this appears to be a steam issue, and judging by below forum post, similar bug/problem have at least around for more than a year; https://steamcommunity.com/app/502570/discussions/0/3083256496961376977/ [steamcommunity.com]

I tried a very simple scene, with only a simple sphere contained inside of a SoP Create with same results.

I have a redshift license and have it working as a delegate, but receive the same issue when trying to render with Redshift as a delegate. The issue seems to be Steam and Solaris (?!) as redshift rendered through obj/rop context works fine.

I'm simply posting to see if anyone else has had similar issues?
If I want to render with Karma in the future is the solution to avoid the steam version of Houdini? Since there are no "swapping of licenses" from steam to sidefx and vice versa, I'm kind of stuck.

I'm thankful for any feedback on this!

Cheers
Edited by ESPx - Aug. 23, 2022 10:17:31
Staff
4177 posts
Please submit this issue through support, to ensure the right people can take a look at it. Thanks!
I'm o.d.d.
11 posts
Update #1:
I've been in contact with SideFX and a developer noted the following;
"Not much I can do about that, the "minidump" thing is indeed something that steam outputs."

So now I'm trying to reach anyone responsible at valve/steam to look at the issue.
Will update here again if there is development on the issue.
  • Quick Links