ERROR: Unable to Diagonalize the Inertial Tensor for Glue...

1176   2   1
67 posts
Hi,

I'm getting a very specific error on the BulletSolver when doing an RBD sim: "Unable to diagonalize the inertial tensor for glued chunk". The result of this error is that the geometry just disappears.

Has anyone encountered this? If so, what causes this issue? Or does it have many causes?

Thanks!
Staff
733 posts
That error should be uncommon, and probably indicates an issue with the collision shape or rotational stiffness settings.
The file (either uploaded here or sent to support) would probably be needed to see what the cause is for your particular case
1 posts
I know this is a long time after the initial question... want to post what solved the issue for me in case it helps someone in the future.

What solved the issue for me was cleaning my input geometry (going into the rbd material fracture). I had missed that it had an errant orient attribute that was then causing issues when sent to the solver. After removing the orient attribute the behavior was consistent to what I expected... Just wasn't expecting an orient attribute on the geometry I received.
  • Quick Links