Houdini 14 Scatter node - Attribute bias

30313   25   6
19 posts
ndickson
No problem! Maybe I should add something like this as a help example, possibly a case with density transferred from walls, plus uniform, plus painted, so that MagnusL3D's case has an example too.

Hello Mr. ndickson!

I have one more question about new scatter node.
I previous version i can scatter points only affected by alternate attribute option, but for now this option is gone….

Of course i can just paint any colour and use delete sop with expression but this will be longer for calculate..
Any suggestions?
Btw, tnx for great examples, very interesting stuff!
1743 posts
Arthur Ivanov
I previous version i can scatter points only affected by alternate attribute option, but for now this option is gone.

Any suggestions?
Does turning on the option to use a density attribute and then using that work? I seem to recall that it should accept a primitive, vertex, or point attribute.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
19 posts
ndickson
Arthur Ivanov
I previous version i can scatter points only affected by alternate attribute option, but for now this option is gone.

Any suggestions?
Does turning on the option to use a density attribute and then using that work? I seem to recall that it should accept a primitive, vertex, or point attribute.

No, I was try to that but result was incorrect , I'll prepare little scene example for showing what I want to achieve, maybe I do something wrong!
19 posts
ndickson
Arthur Ivanov

Any suggestions?

All work correctly for now, my mistake, I need first set Override colour by attr, and next paint my attr on to surface.
But anyway I attach this little example about ways to cut some pieces from geometry, maybe it will be helpful for someone!

Attachments:
two_ways_to_cut_some_area.hipnc (112.7 KB)

6 posts
neil_math_comp
Just two simple things:

1) (optional due to 2) The Copy SOP isn't copying over sourceprim or sourceprimuv from the template points. You can fix that by turning on the "Use Template Point Attributes" toggle on the Copy SOP.

2) Because each box has 8 points and P is being interpolated based on a single point for all 8, each box will have its 8 points moved to a single position. To fix this, put the Scatter into the first input of the Attribute Interpolate, then copy the boxes to those points afterward.

Hopefully that's what you were looking for!

If you also need to avoid any possible rotating of the box orientations around N, you can add an "up" attribute, so that the boxes will be copied in a way that uses N and up to determine the orientation, instead of just N. It'd need to be animated with the geometry, though, so it could be difficult if you need it; there might be some way to do it with PolyFrame.
Hello! I tried using you method but it doesn't work. Basically what I want to do is place small spheres (like bubbles) inside my animated spheres that merges at the end, pretty simple but I haven't found a really straightforward solution to my problem

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LpvWD9TzSjQTse33kiaLQMK4AiwuYyVc?usp=share_link [drive.google.com]

Image Not Found
Image Not Found
Edited by juancarlosgzrz - Dec. 30, 2022 20:48:16

Attachments:
bubbles_alembic_JC.hiplc (458.0 KB)

6 posts
Thanks in advance
  • Quick Links