Lab Tree Tools

1254   4   2
22 posts
Hi, I'm starting to use Houdini Apprentice, and I wanted to know how to install SideFX Labs Tools to have the plant and tree modelling tools Lab Tree trunk, branch, leaf...
I have already installed SideFX Labs but I don't get these Tab Tree Tools options and I don't know why since I have the latest version of the program and tools.

Thank you.
331 posts
Use the Launcher. You can manage the Labs installation from there.
27 posts
I remember reading somewhere that labs change too fast, so the labs version on the main production build is usually outdated. Try to look at the daily builds section of the downloads, get the latest, maybe that helps: https://www.sidefx.com/download/daily-builds/?labs=true [www.sidefx.com]
Houdini Indie / Windows
"Art exists so that reality does not destroy us" - Friedrich Nietzsche
22 posts
Hi, I have created a tree with the help of the Lab Tree Tools to create the trunk, branches and leaves. I would like to know if it can be exported as a 3D object in parts, I mean, only the trunk, branches and leaves separately.

Thanks
131 posts
Since you're using Apprentice, your export options are a little limited. You can export OBJ using RMB on node > Save > Geometry...

Separate geometry using Group and Blast/Delete nodes, then export each group. If you know how to use Python you may be able to automate the export process down to 1-click, or even write your own exporter for custom file formats.
  • Quick Links