Export Camera .chan file transl. and rotation in solaris

1721   5   1
3 posts
Hello,

I have a camera attached to 2 different transforms that each contain an animation with keyframes and Pivot etc..
Question: How can I track the resulting exact translation and rotation of the camera (similar to "bake animation" node) in Solaris and export those channels as a .chan file.

Cheers...
7770 posts
Have you tried lopimport camera to bring the camera into /obj and export it the usual way (with CHOPs)?
3 posts
Thanks for responding so quickly!

I have attached an example file: test_bake_with_lp.hipnc

I have tried with the lop import camera node, but somehow the bake animation node in "out" does not render the baked animation to the target object.

Do I need a different node?

Cheers...

Image Not Found

Attachments:
test_bake_with_lop.hipnc (325.3 KB)

7770 posts
brel
I have tried with the lop import camera node, but somehow the bake animation node in "out" does not render the baked animation to the target object.

Do I need a different node?

I'm not familiar with that one, I thought you wanted to write out a .chan file.

I looked at bake animation and it does stuff with chops, so it's kind of what I meant but I would build it myself. You can't fetch trs channels though since the lop camera doesn't have any. The object transform matrix has to be fetched with an object chop.

What is the reason to bake to an object, you want the hip file to not depend on external files?
3 posts
I saw this video describing how to export the animation of a camera which is transformed by other transform nodes, thus not containing any animation in the camera node itself. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv_BhXI3jqY)

As I have more than one transform changing the position of the camera, what I need is basically to track the actual position of the camera after all transforms were applied. Thus, exporting only the animation of one node would not be sufficient.
I need the combined trs data.

Baking to another object is described in the video as an intermediate step before exporting the animation with samples per frame to a chan file.
7770 posts
brel
Thus, exporting only the animation of one node would not be sufficient.
I need the combined trs data.

You should be able to fetch the object's concatenated transform in CHOPs with an object CHOP. This will compute trs values for the whole hierarchy of transforms. A lopcamera is only one node though. From the channel network it can be saved directly to a chan file.
  • Quick Links