Can TOPs batch generate USD files using Component Builder?

902   3   0
42 posts
Hello,

I had an idea to batch convert a large 3D library of OBJ files into USD. I have managed to import all the files using the TOPS file pattern, parse the groups, assign MaterialX Shaders, I have set the "Root Prim" using the @filename attribute from TOPs etc etc. Its all ready to go, but...

I cannot figure out how to get TOPs to trigger the "Save to Disk" or "Add to Asset Gallery". In Tops the is a USD Rop but it appears to have less settings. I am a quite new to USD.

Any advice is Appreciated... Or let me know if this is impossible...

Thanks
19 posts
What you could do is instead of using the component builder you could instead rebuilt it from scratch with just some references, payloads and configure prims/layers and use a USD Rop in TOPS. Im also pretty sure you could just unlock the Component Output and use the USD Rop in there with TOPS which might be easier if youre just starting with USD.
42 posts
@Latimerias, Thanks for your response. Thats probably it.

It is quite an intimidating network but it will be worth sorting it out.
42 posts
@Latimerias. It worked! At least partially. I managed to use the USD Rop in TOPs to output the USD, the source I am working with as no textures and the next batch do and I think there are some issues with the process of exporting the textures.
  • Quick Links