Rendering times

1321   6   0
5 posts
Hi All,

I have observed something I don't understand and maybe you can give me some light.

I have this volcano eruption render. Let's say I'm at frame 150 and at this point, each frame is needing 30 minutes to render. If I stop the render at this point and now I render only frame 151 it only takes 5 minutes to render. If I go further is always the same, single frame 152, 153, 154, 155... around 5 minutes. Then I render from 156 to 157. The first frame takes 5 minutes but the second takes 30.
I guess there is something related to ram cache but I wonder if there is any way to get this superpower of the first frame to all the frames in the range. I'm saving lots of time rendering frame by frame but it's a pain.

Anyone can explain this behavior?

Thanks!
Jordi
861 posts
What's happening to your ram? Is the frame-by-frame different from rendering a range of frames?
--
Jobless
238 posts
You haven't given any specifics. Are they things you are rendering already cached to disk?
Or are you "live" rendering a live sim directly?
Are you rendering to disk or directly into mplay?

L
I'm not lying, I'm writing fiction with my mouth.
5 posts
Thanks for your answer!

No, there is no difference in Ram usage rendering frame by frame than with a frame range.

Yes, all is cached to disk and rendering in the background but it's the same if I render to disk.

Thanks!
238 posts
Can you zip up a hip file and post it?
5 posts
Image Not Found

Thanks, Lewis, here you are.

Attachments:
volcano.zip (9.7 MB)

238 posts
Heya,

There's no Mantra ROP in this file.
  • Quick Links