How to process multiple output with pdg?

874   1   2
141 posts
I have a scene where i generate some 20+ buildings. Each building is a packed model and has a null as an output node following a strict naming convention.

I'd like to batch export the outputs into files.

I made a SOP network to merge all nodes following the naming convention. In a loop i unpack these buildings and set up some attributes used in export

A made a top network importing the geo from the SOP with the loop, and then using the rop geometry nodes export them.

It's kind of slow. Is this the correct way, or could you guys suggest a better method?

Thanks!
53 posts
From the little insight your post provides it seems to me like you are using a fine way to import your geo to TOPS and export it with a ROP there. To speed up TOPS, you want to make sure the settings on your TOPS-Scheduler node actually allow TOPS to use all of the cores on your computer. By default this is set to 1/4th of cores, and thus slower than a normal ROP with automatically takes 100% of power. There might be some other ways to speed this up, but without seeing the network it is hard to guess.
Technical VFX artist @ Housemarque / Sony Interactive Entertainment
  • Quick Links