hqueue MQ server issue, windows py3

1236   1   0
306 posts
Hi,

Just trying to get back to a setup I had last year, which was using the py2 version of hqueue.

I'd like to be able to process File Caches "in Background" using hqueue on my two machine Indie setup.

Been chasing down the regular gremlins of file mounts and permissions - this seems OK - like before I'm launching the client by calling bat script from cmd. I can render mantra with a Hqueue render rop.

Now I've created and setup Hqueue Scheduler top, put that in a File Cache sop, and hit the cook in Background button.

I get the errors listed below. Can anyone tell me what file it is looking for when it says "Could not find output file for job XX".. Any other tips?

Thanks!
Windows 10
H19.5.534 - including hqueue client and server

PDG: (webb_win) ('MQ usage: 0',)
PDG: (webb_win) ('Using new MQ server',)
PDG: (webb_win) ('Using client id: 080edb964582431fb32553420e72feb4',)
PDG: (webb_win) ('Working Directory Local: E:/projects/pdg/hip',)
PDG: (webb_win) ('Working Directory Remote: $HQROOT/projects/pdg/hip',)
PDG: (webb_win) ('MQ count: 1',)
PDG: (webb_win) ('Submitting New Job',)
PDG: (webb_win) ('Waiting for MQ job 84',)
PDG: (webb_win) ("Got PDG MQ server info: Could not find output file for job '84'.",)
PDG: (webb_win) ("Got PDG MQ server info: Could not find output file for job '84'.",)
PDG: (webb_win) ('Stopping MQ Relay',)
08:07:21: PDGNet MQRelay stopping
PDG: (webb_win) ('MQ count: 0',)
PDG: (webb_win) ('MQ server not reachable: Invalid MQ address for stopping MQ remotely',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.534/houdini/pdg/types\houdini\hqueue.py", line 580, in stopService
MQUtility.stopMQRemotely(mq_addr, relay_port, rpc_port, self._verboseLog)
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.534/houdini/python3.9libs\pdg\utils\mq.py", line 399, in stopMQRemotely
raise RuntimeError("Invalid MQ address for stopping MQ remotely")
RuntimeError: Invalid MQ address for stopping MQ remotely
“First things first – but not necessarily in that order”
– The Doctor
306 posts
I never got anywhere with this, so I deleted the 19.5.x versions of hqueue client and server and went back to the launcher. I installed highest version available there which was 19.0.944 py2. Usual schenanigans with SMB mount ownership stuff ( which I resolve by simply running the client bat script as my regular user ) and I seem to be back in business.

I do still a string of the same "Could not find output file for job" errors but they resolve after 15 seconds or so - guessing that's how long it takes for the MQ server to start for each job...? Anyway, can live with this.
Edited by rangi - April 9, 2023 01:22:41
“First things first – but not necessarily in that order”
– The Doctor
  • Quick Links