Houdini PDG Foundations Inconsistent Results

580   0   0
9 posts
Hi,

Somewhat new to Houdini - I used it in college but for grooming (over 5 years ago). I'm going through the PDG foundations tutorial here https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/foundations-build-a-city-with-pdg/ [www.sidefx.com]

I'm struggling with the step where I merge the buildings - if I get through the tutorial without any mistakes it will work one time, but if I either have to go back because I made a mistake, or I go back because I want to change something in the create buildings node - which I imagine should be fine? - I get a weird result if I try to cook and merge again. Attached screenshots show one of the times I got it working, and the same file with one of the results I get when it doesn't work (the broken results vary). Friday the file merged correctly, and this morning I reopened the file and got a broken merge result again - and after attempting to merge I cannot see anything in my viewport from my other nodes, either when I go into the "create buildings" node or the street grid network. The node networks are there but regardless of what node is selected and is tagged to be viewed nothing is showing in the viewport. I have screenshots attached and my houdini apprentice file and if anyone would help I'd appreciate it.

Attachments:
Capture_Houdini_PDG_Foundations_Merge_Error.PNG (2.7 MB)
Houdini_working.PNG (2.6 MB)
Viewport_Shows_Nothing.PNG (2.9 MB)
City_Retry.hipnc (317.5 KB)

• Quick Links