Interpolation problem in Francitonal Frames

640   2   0
1 posts
I'm making a wheels animation. The wheel travels on a road and rotates depending on the speed it goes. Everything looks normal. But when I come to "Francitonal Frames" with "timeBlend" (depending on the speed of the wheel) there is a change in the size of the wheel. Likewise, when I export as Alembic and import again, I have the same problem. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you from now.

Attachments:
den.hipnc (205.9 KB)
viiweport.png (681.2 KB)

56 posts
You can try to increase the substeps,for instance 10.
8555 posts
you are interpolating points, not transforms, and therefore you are getting linear blend between points on neighboring frames instead of them describing arc

so make sure you have your wheel packed and apply rotation to the packed primitive instead

then when you want to export it as .abc, on ROP Alembic Output set Geometry/Packed Transform to Transform geometry to save packed prims as transforming instead of deforming geo, therefore alembic will also interpolate transforms and not the geo

if you still want to use timeblend, make sure you check Interpolate Rotation of Normals, Quaternions and Transforms to interpolate packed transforms
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links