USD Simulation For Export To Unreal

741   0   0
1 posts
Hello guys,

I have a question regarding the geo cache inside a stage network.

What I want to do:
I have multiple Vellum simulations in a OBJ network which I want to have as multiple component variants inside my stage network. I want to export one USD, which has one Variant object with three different simulations as variants to UE5.

The problem:
I don't know how/where to make the geo cache file (which contains the simulation data and is huge), so the Component Geo Variants node can have them as a input.

What I have tried so far:
1. Use the Components Geometry node to input into the Component Variants Node and reference the OBJ ans External SOP.
This doesn't work, cause the animation/geo cache is not inside the USD, the USD is just some kb big.

2. Referencing the USD Export file from OBJ network inside the Components Geometry node.
No error, but also no geo in the viewport.

The only way, I can export a working simulation USD is through the "USD Export" node inside OBJ network. Without bringing that file into the stage network, I can just easy import it into UE5, and it works.
So my question is: is there any way to reference that USD file from the OBJ USD export inside the stage manager and have different variants of it within the Stage Component Builder? It has to work somehow, I just can't find the missing peace.

I know that's somewhat of a confusing post and English is also not my 1st language.
If it helps, I can make smaller files or screenshots and try uploade it here, if it helps.

Cheers and thanks for reading.

Attachments:
algae.jpg (112.8 KB)

• Quick Links