SideFX Adobe Substance Plugin - Houdini FX 19.5

1085   2   1
27 posts
Hey there, just trying to get my pipeline going and I've installed the SideFx Labs shelf in Houdini FX 19.5.752, but I don't see the Substance tool/plugin there. I tried the Daily/Production builds, but it isn't present.

Is this available for Houdini FX 19.5? I see it is present in prior versions so was hoping it would be in the latest production release.

Done some searches and whatnot, but nothing referencing the Houdini version I'm working with can be found, its all older material.

Appreciate some kind soul pointing me in the proper direction - thanks for your time.
636 posts
it should be in the COMP Network and there is also under SOP one.

shelf function creates mostly a node network or just a node. that means every labs functionality is a node in a specific context (obj, sop, mat, comp..).
in the github repo the code is still in so it should be available in houdini.
https://github.com/sideeffects/SideFXLabs/tree/Development/otls/substance_material.hda [github.com]

Attachments:
img_comp_substance.PNG (24.4 KB)

27 posts
Thanks, just odd that none of the documentation is updated. Support also said that 'it wasn't used much' or something to that effect, which I also find surprising, given how popular Substance is for texture creation.

Guess I'll look at other methods to utilize those textures.
  • Quick Links