how to refer to embedded geo in an OBJ level hda

677   2   1
55 posts
I have an Object level HDA and have added a geometry file using the extra files section of the type properties window and I want to read that with a file node inside a geometry object...

If I put in the file string :

opdef:.?blocker_v1.bgeo.sc

I get - Error Unable to read file "opdef:/Sop/file?blocker_v1.bgeo.sc". - but it's not a SOP hda, so I tried

opdef:..?blocker_v1.bgeo.sc

which gives me - Error Unable to read file "opdef:/Object/geo?blocker_v1.bgeo.sc".

According to the docs I can use this syntax : opdef:/category/asset_name?name but I can't get that to work either. The listing in the asset manager is lm::Object/blocker_rig::1.0 so I'm using

opdef:/Object/blocker_rig?blocker_v1.bgeo.sc

but that doesn't work either. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, can anyone help?
8579 posts
j00ey
he listing in the asset manager is lm::Object/blocker_rig::1.0 so I'm using

opdef:/Object/blocker_rig?blocker_v1.bgeo.sc

if your file sop is not under the HDA or the HDA doesn't even have to be instantiated in the scene you indeed mayy need to point to the correct type
try using
opdef:lm::Object/blocker_rig::1.0?blocker_v1.bgeo.sc
alternatively this should work also
opdef:/lm::Object/blocker_rig::1.0?blocker_v1.bgeo.sc

it's important to use all namespaces of the type as different versions or same asset name or in different namespace can have completely different extra files sections
Edited by tamte - Oct. 31, 2023 13:23:21
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
55 posts
That works, thanks very much Tomas. Makes sense also what you're saying about different versions / namespaces etc.

Thanks again
  • Quick Links