Alternative to mtlxmix shader node?

436   1   0
63 posts
Hello there,
I am currently building some shaders in solaris H20, and for it I need to mix multiple maps together. I've used the mtlxmix node for this and it works great in karma cpu (am super happy with how Karma renders look btw!) but when switching to xpu I just get a grey render. Displacement works fine but everything else is reduced to a grey render.
And, I get this error message in the log: KarmaXPU: ShaderGraph _sg_s_2E70966A59A2CAA0 has rootnode-type not handled by XPU, skipped

Now, I believe that this is some kind of limitation for xpu, right? That here we can just mix two things together and that is is, right? So, when simply mixing various maps, primvars etc. together to feed into the slots of a material, what would you guys use as an alternative, in order to get things to render in XPU?? I'm asking because shading/rendering is not what I do a lot of, so I'm guessing that there is either something I have overlooked, or some alternative workflow for mixing (until sidefx hopefully gives us the option to mix more than once with this node).

Cheers,
Dag
2537 posts
You might want to post a screenshot of your material graph or post your hip.
Mixing colors should work for XPU, mixing shaders is CPU only, AFAIK.

Don't overlook setting the Signature type on the mxltxMix node. It defaults to Float, you may want Color.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links