Is the texture map locked?

592   3   0
4 posts
I read a texture in the "Attribute from Map" node,
When I attempt to save the modified texture map directly in Photoshop,
it prompts that the file cannot be saved because it is either in use or open in another application.
How can I make Houdini not exclusively occupy this file so that I can save it without any issues?
This way, I can modify the texture in Photoshop while observing the results in Houdini simultaneously.
7805 posts
iJasonLee
I read a texture in the "Attribute from Map" node,
When I attempt to save the modified texture map directly in Photoshop,
it prompts that the file cannot be saved because it is either in use or open in another application.
How can I make Houdini not exclusively occupy this file so that I can save it without any issues?
This way, I can modify the texture in Photoshop while observing the results in Houdini simultaneously.

You can't. On linux it doesn't lock the file, but if the file changes while Houdini is using it, it just crashes. I'd rather the file be locked than crash Houdini.
4 posts
Oh, tragedy. I can only write a script to copy the original image to a duplicate, actually use the duplicate, and manually reload it after making modifications in Photoshop.
626 posts
You can send a rfe. I think the developer has some way to release reference file because it doesn't lock the obj or usd file.
  • Quick Links