Give Me Some Ideas Please

669   4   0
5 posts
Your text to link here... [opensea.io]

Hi, does anybody have any idea how can I make something like this, when I use shape match in vellum balls they still deforming and simulation take a lot of time, should I use RBD? thanks in advanced
238 posts
ls-software
should I use RBD?

yes
http://www.sekowfx.com [www.sekowfx.com]
8568 posts
You can also use vellum grains for all kinds of rigid shapes

Whether individual grains for spheres or shape matched low-res grain pieces

And then you can also easily combine it with some more squishy objects etc
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
5 posts
tamte
You can also use vellum grains for all kinds of rigid shapes

Whether individual grains for spheres or shape matched low-res grain pieces

And then you can also easily combine it with some more squishy objects etc
Thank you for your reply, I did used vellum grain to create these clusters, but it was shaky and unstable, collision in this simulation is very accurate and spheres also have rotation (in other samples they have texture), do you think if I give it another chance it's possible to get this accuracy out of each vellum grain?
8568 posts
ls-software
do you think if I give it another chance it's possible to get this accuracy out of each vellum grain?
single vellum grains can't rotate, you can of course assemble each ball from more overlapping grains which can still have shape closely resembling single smooth ball, but at some point you may need to consider advantages of both methods, so if all pieces in your sim will be mostly rigid and you need proper rotation on the balls definitely try RBD

RBD - you get fast sim for rigid pieces, proper rotations for spheres, possible to fake softbodies using many rigid pieces with soft constraints, trickier to setup accurate deforming colliders

Vellum - fast sim for deforming pieces and possible mixed media sims, precise deforming colliders, trickier to setup rigid pieces and specific types of constraints or custom constraint pivots
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links