Instancer points form Reference

413   0   1
9 posts
Hello.
I have a scene. I use instancer to scatter cylinders on points. And I have to animate this cylinders, so I just animate my points on that I scater. And I try 2 ways.
1st. My points saved in usd file(pst.usd). I load unanimated verstion of point into my scene, to work on the rest. And save my ready scene in USD file(HERO.usd). And once I animated my points, I re-save my USD file that I use for points instancer(pst.usd). And when I load HERO.usd using Sublayer, there is no animation on my instancer. There is any way to achive this behavior?

2nd try. When I in my main network before saving HERO. usd. I load my animated pst.usd, and everything works fine, my cylindres is animated. I create Configure lays, to save my instaced cylinders as separate usd file, with start and end time, and then save my HERO.usd as single frame file. And after loading with Sublayer my HERO.usd there is no animation on my cylinders. I checked my bales.usd (instansed cylinders) and there is also no animation in it, just 1 frame, even I turned saving animation for this layer

So my question, how to use external usd file for instancer, to be able change that file and my HERO.usd updated my instancer? And why bales.usd are not saved as animation?

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-12-22 121229.png (109.3 KB)

• Quick Links