Labs Flipbook Texture Indie Edition watermark solution

814   1   0
1 posts
Hello, this is my first post related to an issue that I've noticed is recurring in the forum, regarding the "labs flipbook textures" node. However, I am unable to post a response in the thread, and I'm unsure of the exact reason.

Project titan smoke tutorial flipbook with indie watermark [www.sidefx.com]

Labs FlipBook Textures makes watermark in indie edition [www.sidefx.com]

The problem with this node is that in the Indie version, a watermark with the text "Indie Edition" appears.

I have also encountered this issue and took it upon myself to investigate the flaw. It seems to depend on the version of "labs" you have, but in mine (20.0.547), the issue persists.

The node itself has a tab called "Interface" where you have a variable called "viewportpadding." This variable is supposed to add padding to the camera to make that "Indie Edition" watermark disappear. However, if you go to the script that runs this node, in the function where the value of this resolution is assigned, the padding is only applied on the Y-axis and not on the X-axis.

So, to fix this, we need to go to the "type properties" of the node, navigate to the Scripts section, find the definition of the "setCommonSceneViewerSettings" function (line 278 in my case), and within it, we have the assignment of the "res" variable, which should be something like this:

res = (target_res[0] * 2 - res[0] + padding * 2, target_res[1] * 2 - res[1] + padding * 2)

Currently, in the first term of that tuple, the padding variable is not being added.
Staff
99 posts
Thanks for reporting this. The option to choose which direction to add your paddings have been added to tomorrow's Labs 20.0.606.

Since it's mainly related to your aspect ratio, you only need to pad vertically or horizontally to push "Indie Edition" out of the camera view.
Mai Ao
Senior Technical Lead of SideFX Labs
youtube.com/@notverydarkmagic
  • Quick Links