Labs LOD Create issues with exporting consolidated textures

354   0   1
1 posts
hello all
I am working on a project with an inhouse engine so we are creating LODs with Houdini, part of that we want to use the Consolidate LODs feature of the Labs LOD Create node, we are assigning a Principle BRDF with the textures we authored in substance painter, we are having some issues with it:

1. Consolidated textures appear to be darker than input textures, in viewport it looks fine but the textures are actually different, it is apparent in all other software we tested
2. Opacity isn't coming through in the bake, an opacity map is created but its solid white

we are currently going through the node to try and understand where this is happening but its a bit out of our depth
Thanks in advance for the help

Edit:
I tried replacing the Labs Simple Baker with Labs Maps Baker inside the Labs LOD Create node after reading about the nodes in the documentations, it fixes issue 2, opacity bakes now, but i still get darker textures, even if i boost the gamma the texture does not look right which further supports my assumption that this is a colorspace issue and not just gamma

Edit:

Solved, naturally it was much simpler than any of the random things i listed, the principal shaders i was using had a default Base Color value of 0.2, darkening the texture before anything else
Edited by zivew27 - Feb. 5, 2024 15:24:48

Attachments:
houdini viewport.png (409.6 KB)
TextureThumbnails.png (271.8 KB)

• Quick Links