Attributes missing after using Instancer LOP

369   1   0
5 posts
Hello everyone!

I tried to google and search this matter from forums without any luck. My problem (among others is that the Instancer LOP is not applying the rest attribute to the instanced geometry it produces. I have confirmed that the rest position is indeed present in my SOP Import node, which imports points into the LOPNET.

In my LOP scene, I have brought four different geometries: points that should act as target points for my Instancer LOP node. I have also imported three types of geometries (curves) that should act as source geometries for my Instancer LOP.

My target points include variables that I would like to copy to instanced geometry (this occurs in the Instancer LOP node), with the rest position being the most important for me.

The settings for the Instancer LOP are almost default. I have named my Instancer (Primitive Path) as /Geometry/instancer, and the method is Points Instancer. As the location source, I have selected 'First Input's Points,' and for location primitives, I have set /Geometry/target_points/points_0. In the 'Prototype Primitives' section, I have set paths to these three geometries. My 'Prototype Index' is set to random since I want random distribution.

The instancer works, but when I inspect the Scene Graph, either with the Instancer LOP selected or after it, the rest attribute (primvars:rest) is missing.

I am including a screen shot of my lopnet.
Image Not Found

Am I missing something here? How can I bring that rest position to my Karma Material Builder VOP?
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post and for answering it!

Sincerely yours,
Janne Sopanen

Attachments:
houdini_issue_restvar.jpg (117.2 KB)

38 posts
Hi Jannesopanen,
if I'm not mistaken, you have to attribute your rest attribut to an other one and get this new attribute.

v@myrest = v@rest;

Hope it helps.
Wow factor
  • Quick Links