howto: German Keyboards and {[]}|

6648   7   1
401 posts
Most users will probably developed their own workaround to enter/copy&paste {}| in Houdini when using a German Keyboard layout.

For those unsure and/or new to houdini I have compiled a small howto install an English Keyboard layout and set up a hotkey for layout switching:

http://www.preset.de/2007/0709/001/ [preset.de]

This allows you to switch with LEFT_ALT + SHIFT to english and enter the missing characters:

{ = SHIFT + Ü
[ = Ü
] = +
} = SHIFT + +
| = SHIFT + #

LEFT_ALT + SHIFT again and the normal layout is restored.

I prefer this to copy and paste from a texteditor.

Georg
this is not a science fair.
137 posts
I have the same issue with a french keyboard (French Canadian). Since Houdini will become more and more used all around the world that would be great if SESI fix it.

François

P.S.: I must admit I prefer having the new fluid system in H9 and keep switching my keyboard
137 posts
I have the same issue with a french keyboard (French Canadian). Since Houdini will become more and more used all around the world that would be great if SESI fix it.

François

P.S.: I must admit I prefer having the new fluid system in H9 and keep switching my keyboard
54 posts
hi georg!

houdini triggered my switching to US keyboard layout for everything i do

i find it more comfortable for scripting in all apps, not just houdini, but in the first weeks it was like trying to change from right- to left-handed
401 posts
Kai

Maybe I find an old US IBM in the cellar … I was thinking about this approach, too.

Who needs those umlauts anyway?

Georg Dümlein

PS: I've read on the list that the new build should support AltGr now, I will try this before digging in the cellar.
10 posts
Who needs those umlauts anyway?
Dümlein and Co?
85 posts
From what I saw…. the new build of H9 should now take into account foreign keyboards.
401 posts
it does.
forgot to close this post.
  • Quick Links