Falling particles problem with FLIP narrow band

226   1   1
5 posts
Hello,
i am trying to use narrow band feature in flip solver. Everything works fine when i am not changing center of volume limits or water level in oceansource. But when i want to set bottom of volume limits in 0 on Y and water level in the middle of Y size it doesn't work. Waterline particles just falling like there are nothing beetween. Do you have any idea why this is happening? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I am attaching files with my setup in the post.

Thanks,
Dawid
Edited by Dawid Wizor - April 15, 2024 11:44:25

Attachments:
flip_narrow_band.hiplc (707.8 KB)

225 posts
Dawid Wizor
Hello,
i am trying to use narrow band feature in flip solver. Everything works fine when i am not changing center of volume limits or water level in oceansource. But when i want to set bottom of volume limits in 0 on Y and water level in the middle of Y size it doesn't work. Waterline particles just falling like there are nothing beetween. Do you have any idea why this is happening? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I am attaching files with my setup in the post.

Thanks,
Dawid

If you go to the ocean source node and go to surface evaluation and set it to flat it should work. I would recommend using the shelf tool presets to learn how to set this stuff up.
Edited by evanrudefx - April 16, 2024 17:31:20

Attachments:
fix_ocean.PNG (628.0 KB)

Thanks,

Evan
  • Quick Links