Elastic-like tubes for object suspension

4507   4   1
33 posts
Hi ladies and gents ,

I have a polygonal heart that is suspended in mid-air by three of its tubes which are attached to three perspex ‘paddles’ (image attached). I am looking to make the tubes dynamic in a way that they are elastic enough to allow for some stretch (but not too far so that the heart hits the base of the perspex stand), and keep the heart suspended in its mid-air position. My intention is to have the beating of the heart cause it to wobble around a bit in the air whilst suspeded by its tubes. I have no experience in DOPs, and am a bit uncertain of what to be searching for in terms of methods to use to achieve this. If anyone has any ideas or can point me towards relevant posts you have come upon which might set me off in the right direction, I would be very grateful for the help.

PS. (The heart textures and passes are far from being completed, this is just a rough comp to give you an idea of what the situation is )

Thanks for your time everyone.

Cheers,

srgb

Attachments:
first_heart_texture_comp_02_cropped.png (86.6 KB)

Quality Assurance
The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd.
Staff
3455 posts
I'd try the wire deformer first before DOPs…

…because my heart just isn't in it…
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
33 posts
Thanks Arctor, I'll give it a bash when our network comes online again.
Quality Assurance
The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd.
1145 posts
You might also consider using the spring sop and/or the jiggle chop.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
69 posts
I am not sure but I think a spring network followed by a meta_capture might do what you are looking for.
  • Quick Links