Digital asset

3313   2   2
34 posts
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a bit of a problem I'm having creating a digital asset?

Ive set up a simple scene that resembles the trouble I'm having. I have a sphere and a torus, where the rotate y of the torus controls the scale y of the sphere. I then have a copy node attatched to each of the pieces of geometry. These are also connected so that the same number of toruses are made as spheres. In the digital asset, I would like the user to have control over the number of copies made. The trouble im having is that I would like to have each torus to control its corresponding sphere individually. At the moment, the first torus controls all of the copied spheres, and the copied toruses are redundant.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get around this?

I hope ive explained myself well enough for people to understand. Sorry if I havent.
Ive also attatched the scene in case it was a bit confusing.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give!

Attachments:
digAss.hipnc.hip (51.2 KB)

454 posts
You would need to do the transform lookup from the sphere to the tori after the copy. To index to the correct tori you would need to use $PR or something like that. Do you know the prim count of your target (torus) objects?

Cheers
34 posts
Thanks a lot for your response.

I havent managed to solve the problem because you actually need to physically create nodes in the digital asset as the user determines the parameters. I have found a way around it though.

Thanks again!
  • Quick Links