ConnectAll SOP?

3123   4   1
55 posts
Just getting my head dunked in Houdini again. Is there a SOP for connecting all given points together with groups, edges, or curves?

If I give it 4 points I want like to get 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, 3-4.

I have the feeling it will be a pretty simple SOP to make by hand with a cute little foreach loop.

Does that make sense?
“If you can eat it raw you can't under cook it”
7725 posts
Append an Add SOP. Turn on Delete Geometry But Keep the Points if necessary. Now in the Polygons tab, type into the Polygon 0 parameter, “1-2 1-3 1-4 2-3 2-4 3-4” (without the quotes).

Alternatively, you can start with a single Add SOP and then manually add in your points in the Points tab. Then use the Polygons tab to create polygons out of them.
55 posts
Ah, good lead, thank you.
I'll do a little digging myself too, but I'm not sure that will work for thousands of repetitions. I need something a little more automagical. Maybe some CHOPS madness?
Hmmm…
7725 posts
There's also a “by group” method in the Add SOP that can be used.
55 posts
It is a forEachSOP in another forEachSOP with a curveSOP at the bottom with points referenced from each loop.
The First loop goes from 0 to the number of prims given, the second loop goes from the number being processed in the first loop to the max number in the first loop minus 1.
The start and end points of the curve is an X Y Z and X Y Z of each given primitive. There's a lot of chs and stamp expressions.
What a tricky little monster.
The good are attached.
8)

Attachments:
connectAll01.hip (157.3 KB)

• Quick Links