5440: Fatal error - HELP!!

3669   5   0
9 posts
I get a “5440: Fatal error: segmentation fault” everytime i switch from one view to four views. When I switch to two views it's fine, but three or four, it gives me this error and crashes. What should i do.
1632 posts
Hi,

It will help greatly if you can provide more information about your graphics card, what operating system you're running and the version of Houdini you're running.

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers!
steven
9 posts
:arrow: I'm using Windows xp professional. Houdini version 9.0.719. I use an hp laptop with a “Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family” and i've changed the rendering to software rendering in houdini. I also have 512mb ram. 8)
7760 posts
Unfortunately, this is a known problem with H9 when using the software drivers (bug #27510). Could you try removing your HOUDINI_OGL_SOFTWARE environment variable and then trying it again?
9 posts
When I remove software rendering i get another crazy error which is the genrator_thread thing. My laptop probably doesn't support hardware rendering. I saw it in the FAQ.
9 posts
I tried it now and it works fine with the software rendering. I don't know why last time it went all crazy. (*UPDATE* a minute after writing this post i got the error again)
  • Quick Links