Global Variables in VOPs

5323   5   0
36 posts
I am trying to transfer an attribute that I created in POPs up to VOPs, and I tried using point, but I couldn't get it to work. So I tried sending it through the global variable node by naming the attribute identically to Normals, but I cannot get it to pass thought. I just get a 0 value out of the Normal parameter on the Global variable node. Does anyone know what name it looks for when accessing the normals, because I believe that the problem may be there.
thanks
Karl
1631 posts
Hi Karl,

I think you want an Import Attribute VOP instead of a Global Variables VOP. Set the Attribute parameter to N & that should be it.

Cheers!
steven
36 posts
i found the import light variable and import displacement variable VOPs, but I cant find an import attribute VOP. i am using H9 if that makes a difference.
thanks
karl
41 posts
Steven supposed that you were talking about a VOP SOP.

To import an attribute to create a shop shader you have to use a Parameter VOP. Make sure you write correctly the name of your attribute in the name field and set the type (float, vector, etc) to the same as your attribute.
36 posts
I am in a VOP surface shader in a material in a shopnet that i dropped in SOPs(H9). I cant get the parameter VOP to work. It is as, if id doesnt see the value. Also, I cant get the color information to carry over on the global variable VOP, which I really need, because its very easy to do all of the color changes at the SOP level. The shader should be referencing the geometry that has the render flag for all of its information right? Also, I couldnt get my UV's to carry over, so I had to project those in VOPs.
36 posts
Nevermind yall. I was able to make it work by changing the name of the parameter, because apparently VOPs uses that name already.
Thank you
  • Quick Links