BUG: Houdini don't clean memory after save objects

3571   4   0
19 posts
ubuntu 7 64 bit
Houdini-9.0.719 64 bit
Default preferences

I use Rop output driver for save objects. After x frames Houdini use all my memory.

Only Houdini restart can clean memory after bake (new scene and clean cache doesn't work).

cheers
4262 posts
You'll need to be more specific. Can you provide a hip file? Or describe which SOPs you are using? There is a known memory leak with the Soft Peak SOP, are you using one of those?
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
19 posts
This is a general problem with Houdini.
When I create a sphere(3 000 000 poly)it takes 2 gb of ram. After that I delete the sphere (node) and click new scene. Houdini doesn't give back this memory.
4262 posts
To accommodate the heavy geometry Houdini allocates the 2gigs of RAM from the system. Once that it is done it belongs to Houdini until the program is closed. Hitting File -> New doesn't actually restart Houdini, it just clears all the nodes within the session. Since its the same Houdini session it still owns the 2gigs.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
19 posts
right!!

When I bake this sphere Houdini works fine.

Something must be wrong in my network because it use 8 gb of ram and Houdini don't clean memory after

Can you look at on this hip:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=9949 [sidefx.com]

All works normally ??

Thanks!!
  • Quick Links