Import block in HDA Parameter Description

6340   7   1
12 posts
Hi everybody,
i wish to know how to use the Import block in HDA Parameter Description.
I created a Multiparm Block and inside it i have a menu with some choices. Can i import an external block of parameters inside the multiparm from what i choose in the menu?
Thanks in advance
12 posts
Anyone can help me? I can't find any documentation about Import Block.

Cheers
2199 posts
Not 100% sure I understand the question

Here's an example of using a multiparm block

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=10144&highlight=idea [sidefx.com]

Does that help at all… :?
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
Staff
1072 posts
Import Blocks are used to import parameter definitions into the asset definition, either from internal nodes or external files. Once you've set up some import blocks, you can choose “Refresh Imports” from the gear shaped button in the Existing Parameters section. The idea is that if you have some embedded assets and you've changed their parameter interface, and you've imported some folders to the top level asset, then you can refresh the imports automatically without having to manually add or remove parameters to account for the changes to the embedded asset definitions.

Import Blocks are not for dynamically adding parameters to your node, if that's what you're asking.
12 posts
Hi Ondrej, hi Simon,
thanks for your answers. Now i understand how to use the Import Block, but what i meant was exactly how dinamically add parameters to my node.
I created a Multiparm Block where i set i menu with a choice of shader types and the corresponding parameters for those shaders. What I wish to obtain is that when i choose for example “Plastic”, i could see only the “Plastic” parameters.
Also when i copy and paste a portion of parameters is possible to edit the parameters names (not the label) in a fast way (i only need to change a part of the name).

Cheers
Staff
1072 posts
You probably want to use a Tab folder, not a Multiparm Block. Multiparm Blocks are for dynamically adding parameter instances to the node. For instance, I can create multiple instances, each consisting of a toggle and a string field.

It sounds like you want to switch between groups of existing parameters. Just use a folder for the parameters corresponding to each shader.

I don't know if there is any fast way to edit multiple names at once.
12 posts
Hi Ondrej,
i need the Multiparm Block cause i need to add dinamically parameters instances. What i wish to obtain is to be able to show only some of the parameters in the Multiparm Block. In example would be usefull if i could have access in some way to the invisible setting of the parameter or folder of parameters (like the “Disable when” script).

Cheers
Staff
1072 posts
Parameter visibility is an attribute of the definition, i.e., parameters cannot be visible in one instance and invisible in another. Maybe there is some other way to accomplish what you're after, but I'm unclear on exactly what that is.
  • Quick Links