Wacom Intuos 3! How to configuring PEN buttons?

8294   9   0
107 posts
Hi,
I am trying to configure the PEN buttons of Intuos3.
I just want to reverse their function… So the top part should PAN… bottom part should DOLLY…

I am under Linux Ubuntu 7.04, H9

Thanks.
Live life in chunks.
107 posts
Any ideas…
Thanks.
Live life in chunks.
7 posts
Hi.
There is a command-line Wacom driver configuration tool called “xsetwacom”, which will allow you to change button functions. I think in Ubuntu you can download “wacom-tools” using synaptics package manager. Which I believe has the xsetwacom command in it.

Hope this helps.
107 posts
Hey! Thanks for your time and help…
I have heard about that… infact I have it installed… I just did not manage to run the command… is it in a specific folder? …or I just fire up a terminal and type it? …sorry… not on my Linux machine… will try it later… just wanted to ask…

Thanks.
Live life in chunks.
107 posts
hi,
I have found the tool for linux. But it is too complicated for me… as usual…

Examples:
xsetwacom set stylus Button1 “button 5”
xsetwacom set stylus Button3 “dblclick 1”
xsetwacom set pad Button2 “core key ctrl alt F2”
xsetwacom set pad Button3 “core key quotedbl a test string quotedbl”
xsetwacom set pad striplup “core key up”
xsetwacom set pad stripldn “core key down”

I just do not know what the upper part and the lower part of my pen button is called? Then how will I assign the new functions?

Thanks.
Live life in chunks.
519 posts
Check out linuxwacom.sourforge.net for some tips on configuring your tablet.
107 posts
Do you think I can reverse the function by editing the key interaction from the preferences some where? Right Click and Mid Click?
Live life in chunks.
519 posts
I think you can assign any action to any key, don't ask me how though. BTW, if you do run the latest and greatest Xorg server then forget about using the wacom tablet. The 0.7.8 version of linuxwacom doesn't support the newest 7.3 Xorg server. 0.7.9 is in development but still has (big) issues.
1634 posts
Are you trying to get the same mouse buttons functions as H8? If you are, you just have to set an environment variable:
setenv HOUDINI_MMB_PAN 0

Cheers!
steven
107 posts
Ow! I may try that… but I did not know that this is a H9 and H8 issue… I thought it is just that my layout is different…

But my firends tell me that this is new and is made to sync. the mouse habits of Shake and Maya with Houdini… So I guess it is better to get used to it…
?
Live life in chunks.
  • Quick Links